Could Fat Transfer be done without removing the implants?

I have silicone implants under the muscle and just had another revision to correct rippling with strattice. The strattice didnt work too well. Could fat transfer be done without removing the implants??

Fat grafting may work well to improve breast implant contours

+1

Strattice is a very useful option for breast implant problems, but it may not be able to add enough tissue thickness in all cases. Fat transfer can work very well in that instance. You should not have to have the implants taken out to do the procedure.

Fat grafting can be an option

+1

I use fat grafting  for implant salvage or implant enhancement very often. Your pictures would be helpful. The use of fat for breast enlargement or enhancement is becoming more popular. Please check my web site for examples

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to correct implant rippling

+1

Keep in mind that the people most prone to rippling are usually the ones with the least fat. However, it will also depend on where the rippling is and how much fat is needed.  Some of our patients with rippling are simply too thin and don't have any fat to use for grafting. Seek  the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to correct breast rippling

+1

I have found this to be much better than any other added substance. It requires experience and great skill both with implants and fat grafting. I have done it with the implants in place and with the implants removed and followed it for months I presented it 9 years ago at ASAPS

Richard Ellenbogen, MD