Breast Augmentation by Fat Transfer Using Stem Cells?

I have been reading about natural Breast Augmentation using stem cell enriched fat and, I think, Micro lipo?
Supposedly, this is creating much better results. Anyway, there are so many complications with Breast implants, isn't Fat Transfer the way to go?

Fat

+1
Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Fat grafting is a valuable tool in breast surgery. This technique has gained more popularity over the past 7 years. There are many techniques used to harvest the fat, process the fat and then re-inject the fat. Conventional suction lipectomy is performed with a small diameter cannula, processed by separating the liquid and fibrous tissue from the fat, and then placed into syringes for re-injection or through a closed system.

Breast augmentation and fat transfer

+1

This is a controversial area of plastic surgery. Surgeons are divided on whether or not injecting fat into the breast for augmentation is a safe procedure. Breast implants do have complications, but they are relatively low, and include bleeding, infection, scarring around the implants (capsular contracture), and rupture. There are also complications associated with fat transfer, including calcification and hardening of the injected material, loss of the material with time, and an unpredictable result. I personally would not recommend fat augmentation at this time based on our available data. Good luck.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Fat transfer to breasts

+1

I have performed fat transfer to the breasts for selcted patients. It does work well but several treatment sessions may be needed.

It tends to become more expensive as a result. 

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Breast augmentation, enlargement, enhancement or reconstruction with fat transfer, injection, or grafts: Stay tuned

+1

Fat transfer is not without complications either. Furthermore, in the short run, it will likely cost significantly more than breast augmentation.

The potential to interfere with mammograms and breast cancer detection has hindered its adoption as a popular technique here in the USA. Despite this, it has been used for approximately 10 years in Europe. Their early favorable reports have aroused interest here in the USA and it is now being investigated and studied as a new option. Results here are preliminary. Stay tuned.

Fat transfer breast augmentation

+1

You mentioned that 'there are so many complications with breast implants'- I'd be curious about where you developed that impression.

The current generation of saline and silicone implants available in the US are probably the most carefully scrutinized medical devices in history. Breast implants, and the procedures that deploy them into patients, are safe, sound and effective.

Fat transfer breast augmentation can yield outstanding results in experienced hands. However, there are lingering questions about the appearance of breasts on mammography after fat grafting, and the behavior of adipose derived stem cells in breast tissue. There are only a handful of surgeons in the USA that do this type of procedure regularly. Additionally, there are limitations to the size of augmentation that can be reliably achieved with this technique. Lastly, the procedure is $$$$.

All things considered, breast augmentation with implants seems like a much more reasonable choice for most patients.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS