Does fat transfer/brazillian butt lift last?

I'm thinking of getting fat transfer or brazillian butt lift. I'm 5'7 140lbs. I'm slim but I have had trouble losing weight In my stomach since I turned 30. (I'm 33) I also want an hourglass shape. So I'm thinking either doing fat transfer from stomach to my hips or doing the full on brazillians butt lift. BUT work out a lot. I heard when you lose weight you lose the results. Is that true? Also what if you have a baby? Thank you

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Butt lift results last even when you lose weight

+2
First of all the objective is not to stuff a lot of fat into your butt, it is to get a beautiful hourglass figure with a WAIST TO HIP RATIO of 0.7. The doctor should concentrate on creating a beautiful perky butt even before he starts injecting a fat graft into it. Check out the link below to see how you craft the waist to hip transition area. 

Secondly, a surgeon should ask you questions about which fat pockets are the most troublesome (that is those where you gain weight first and lose it last). For some women it's the love handles, others the lower belly, others the love handles, etc. This is important because that fat is the first go to area for harvesting. If you lose weight that area will behave as it did before, i.e. it will be the last to go.

Check out the last video of a patient who indeed lost over 10% of body weight yet kept her results.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2009/03/08/liposuction-to-love-handles-good-results-vs-great-results/

Brazilian butt lift and fat transfer

+2
Transferred fat does not all survive.  As much as 75% can melt away due to uneven blood supply, poor technique, damaged fat cells, etc.  Even that fat which survives may not do so in a symmetric fashion, and whenever you gain or lose weight the fat behaves as if it were still in its original location.

Adding Stem Cells to the fat results in a much more reliable "take" of the transferred fat, but this also adds cost to the procedure.  The most reliable technique involves the placement of buttock implants.

Fat transfer can work well, but may require mutiple procedures

+2
The BBL using fat transfer is the optimal ethod for buttock enhancement and contouring, The transferred fat is usually permanent, once it is evident that the fat has taken, which is noted at 5- 6 weeks after the procedure. The stomach pouch that you allude to is resistant to diet and exercise, for the most, part and will best respond to liposuction. That fat along with fat from other areas can, then be trabsferred to the buttocks. Execise, generally, does not affect the transferred fat. Weight loss, if excessive and rapid, may lead to some loss of the transferred fat. you should consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!.

Web reference: http://drlefkovits.com

Does fat transfer/brazilian butt lift last?

+1
Yes, the results are permanent.  The grafted fat lives as it does in other parts of the body.  Fat graft take is 50 to 75%.  If you lose your body fat, then your buttocks will decrease in size as well.  If your weight remains stable, your result will remain stable.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

Does BBL last

+1
Every surgeon's technique is different, and you should expect to lose some fat within the first three months. However, after that time the fat that was transferred should last. (again, very dependent on your surgeon's technique and your compliance with post operative instructions after the surgery) It is best to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure, performing at least 6-8 per week. Best of luck 

Web reference: http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/buttock-augmentation-and-lift-photo-gallery/

Fat transfer and brazilian butt lift

+1
The fat that is transferred for a brazilian butt lift usually takes pretty well. Most surgeons will say that the take is between 60-70% of the total injected and sometimes more.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.