Fat Transfer and Pregnancy at the Same Time?

Can i go for fat injection (hope my own fat will not react harmful way) during pregnancy ? I hate the way my face looks with nasolabial folds and malar festoons on my cheeks. If no then what can I do to hide these lines on my face during pregnancy/nursing ?

Avoid injections during pregnancy and nursing

+1

Wait until your weight has stabilized after your pregnancy before considering any injections.  A session with a makeup artist emphasizing your positive features may be all you need for now.

Toronto Dermatologist

No cosmetic surgery DURING pregnancy

+1

Pregnancy is a very special time in your and your baby's lives.  While there are some rare instances when an expectant mother does need surgery during her pregnancy, I would not perform elective surgery during your pregnancy.  The hormones you produce during pregnancy have a softening effect on cartilage.  This is important during labor and delivery and allows the infant to pass through the pelvis.  Some women do experience a widening of the nose and pigment changes on the face as well.  The safest route to take during your pregnancy is to visit a good makeup technician for some minimizing techniques.  I generally advise waiting 6 months to a year after the pregnancy and cessation of nursing since you may revert to your pre-pregnancy appearance on your own. Congratulations on your impending motherhood!

Andrew Jimerson, MD

No!

+1

There is absolutely no reason to undergo any medically unnecessary surgery during your pregnancy. God forbid, anything negative occurs during your pregnancy or afterward and you will always second guess yourself whether your procedure was a factor.

In addition, your body weight and fat distribution changes during pregancy, so your results may be unsatisfactory.

Be patient.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer during pregnancy

+1

In general, it would not be wise to do any elective surgery during pregnancy.  Also, your weight and facial features will likely change after delivery.  Fat grafting to your face is like sculpting and it would be most accurate to do this after things have stabilized following delivery.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon