Can You Get a Fat Transfer and an Implant Put in at the Same Time?

i was wondering if you could get a small implant under the muscle put in while you also have a fat graphing done.

Fat grafting and breast implants.

+1

Yes, you can have both procedures performed at once. In fact, this is very common in reconstruction when there is a contour deformity in the breast. For cosmetic cases, fat grafting can be done to enhance the cleavage area or to improve an asymmetry.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer and breast implants for breast augmentation.

+1

Yes, both breast implants and breast fat transfer can be done the same time but the pressure from the implant will likely make more of the fat resorb defeating the purpose of fat transer. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Fat grafting to breast

+1

Fat grafting to the breast is has been done for decades and we offer it as an alternative for patients who absolutely do not want implants.  In some cases both procedures can be combined, especially if the patient desires a closer cleavage which cannot be accomplished with implants that are placed under the muscle if the patient's cleavage line is naturally far apart.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafts + Implants?

+1

I assume you want the fat grafting done in the breasts at the same time as the implants.  I really don't see any benefit in doing them together.  A larger implant would suffice.  If you're concerned about them looking fake, then opt for the silicone gel implants instead of the saline.   Some women have had fat grafts to improve their cleavage area and that could be done if you choose to have your implants placed under the pectoral muscles.  However, beware that there is still controversy in the medical literature regarding the safety of fat grafts into the breasts.  We still don't know if fat grafting of the breasts could lead to an increased of breast cancer in the future. Hope this helps.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon