Can I Have Fat Transfer After a Bad Laser Lipo Job?

I had smart lipo done on my torso so i could have a defined waistline but the surgeon took way too much fat from my right side of my hip almost to the bone. Why my hips who knows I asked for a waist. Well she says that she can do a fat transfer procedure. My question is Can fat transfers be successful on areas that have been laser lipo?

Fat grafting after SmartLipo

+2

I am not sure if you saw a Board-certified plastic surgeon for your Smart Lipo. If you did, then I would talk to her about the fat grafting procedure. If you have any laxity in the abdominal skin, you might even want to consider a tummy tuck. If your primary surgeon was not a Board-certified plastic surgeon, I would recommend you find one in your area for a second opinion. You can find someone close to you by searching on plasticsurgery.org. Hope this helps!

Fat Transfer

+2

fat Transfer can be used to correct deformities from aggressive liposuction. The use of laser energy can cause scars where the liposuction is done and that makes the fat transfer more difficult to survive. So you may need to time the correction when all scars are soft and mature, and be prepared that you need more than one session.

The way the fat is taken for fat transfer is important, can not use any energy source for the liposuction so as not to injue the fat cells.

Fat grafting can help

+2

Fat grafting can be done to correct the depressions post aggressive liposuction. This may take more than one surgery . Please send pictures

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Using fat transfer to correct contour deformity

+2

Thanks for sharing your experiences online. The short answer is yes. Typically, you want the area to be completely healed which is 6 to 12 months from your original surgery. It's not an easy procedure since fat transfer results can be variable depending on the final survival of the transferred fat cells. It should improve your contour deformity but may not completely resolve all the issues. It would be nice to have a photo of the area so I can be more specific. On some occasions, scar subcision is used to free up the scar tissues underneath the skin. This can be combined with fat transfer if necessary. First talk with your plastic surgeon about your options.

Best Wishes, 

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Fat Transfers to Areas of Laser Liposuction

+1

Fat transfer in the proper hands can be very effective at correcting liposuction volume deficits.  This requires not only fat grafting but scar release as well.

Fat transfer can successfully be used to replace areas of fat deficit.

+1

Yes, fat transfer can successfully be used to replenish certain areas of fat deficit.  I would suggest for best result, allow the scar tissue from the previous liposuction to soften and resolve for at least 6 months after SmartLipo for better outcome.

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat transfer after liposuction deformity

+1

It is quite possible to perform fat injections to improve the contour  of over treated liposuction areas.