Fat Transfer For a 28Year Old Female For Volume Loss in Face?

I am a 28 year old female. Over the last year- 2 years I have lost *considerable* amounts of fat from my face, resulting in an unattractive gaunt appearance. It seems that this has contributed to the appearance of drooping eyes, narrow, shadowy face and a masculinised look. I previously looked very chubby and girly! I have seen pictures and am interested by the idea of fat transfer. What are the key things for me to consider?

Fat transfer to the face...

+2

If you were trying to lose weight then congratulations.  But if you have lost a lot of fat in the face for no real reason, be sure to be evaluted by your physician for any underlying medical problems.  If everything is OK, then fat transfer to the face can do a great job of refilling the loss of volume in the face and give a younger appearance.  Fat transfer is a less invasive procedure than some other facial surgeries and can be done under local anesthesia with minimal downtime.

The injections are repeated three times over one year which allows you to build up a great long term result that looks totally natural.  Consult with a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon to see what your best options would be. 

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer to the face

+2

Fat transfer to the fce is very successfyl and will restore volume to the face.

Fist do the fat transfer then reevaluate the eyes.

Fat transfer to the face needs experienced plastic surgeon, and technique depepndant.

Discuss with the surgeon exactly where the fat needs to be filled and to be built in a three dimentional manner. It can restore your round or heart shaped face, and may be the high cheeck bones. Filling the temples will enhance the roundness of the face.

+1

Fat injection to to the face is an excellent solution to restore volume loss

It is very technique dependent,and may require several treatments

The use of PRP,which is platelet rich plasma,derived from the patients own blood may enhance fat cell survival

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to the face- things to consider...

+1

Fat transfer is a wonderful procedure when done correctly in indicated patients. You 'sound' like an ideal candidate and i don't mean to be cheeky when I say this but the most important thing to consider is an experienced surgeon. 

Your surgeon will examine your face and discuss with you the areas you would like 'filled' or 'liposculpted'.  I get fantastic results in filling in the marionette and nasolabial lines around the mouth, the cheeks and tear depressions under the eyes and the temples and lips. I have also seen at 6 months an added benefit of improvement in skin tone. Your surgeon will also discuss with you the the options of where would be ideal to obtain the fat from your body, I obtain it from the abdomen in 90% of my patients. Lastly, an important discussion point to consider is the potential risks associated with the procedure. 

Good luck!

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Facial Far Transfer

+1

Facial fat transfer is a great procedurei in most persons matching your description. In my experience most of the far transferred survives and therefore will give many years of improvement.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS