Fat Transfer to Fill Depression on Thigh?

I have a small depression on my thigh caused by an external pin. Would you suggest a fat transfer from my abdomen to fill in the depression? If not, what treatment is recommended?

Viafill Fat transfer

+2

Viafill fat transfer is the latest best treatment for correcting contour irregularities such as yours. Make sure your doctor uses this system.

Fat grafting for depression

+2

fat grafting works quite well for depressions in the skin.  it is important to release any scar tissue that may be tethering the skin down prior to grafting fat.

Sam Naficy, MD

Fat transfer to fix depression on thigh

+2

It is possible to correct the depression on your thigh with fat grafting and a release of the underlying scar. Combining these two procedures will correct the depression and blend this area with the remaining thigh contour.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Fat transfer for depression

+2

Fat transfer would be a standard solution to your problem. With any fat transfer, there is a possibility the graft might not survive, or survive partially. Also the depression might be associated with an overlying scar, which cannot necessarily be filled in just by adding volume; it is possible a scar revision might be necessary.

LiveFill (nontraumatized fat fascial grafts may be an alternative with greater longevity than fat injections.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Fat transfer great for filling depression.

+1

Hi.

Fat transfer is a very good solution for filling depressed scar and correcting contour.  Of course you need good evaluation and expert technique.  This has been one of the recent break throughs

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

First evaluate cause of depressed scar prior to fat injection

+1

It depends on the nature of the depression.

If the contour is due to a tethered scar, this may need to be released prior to fat grafting. This could be accomplished with minimal effort or may require a more extensive surgical procedure.

Once the scar has been released, fat injection may help but may require multiple sessions.