I Had Fat Transfer into my Cheeks Two Weeks Ago,is It Safe to Have Perlane?

I Had fat transfer in my cheeks two weeks ago, result is O.K I wasnt to have some perlayne put in my chin area for volume,is it safe to do this now, the perlayne is not going to touch the fat in my cheeks.

Perlane after Fat injection

+1

Since you are not having Perlane injected in the same area, there is no problem at all. If you were having it injected into the same area, one would recommend waiting.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane after fat transfer

+1

If you're having the Perlane injected in an area not near the fat, it's fine. I'd be sure and consult with a well-trained and experienced injector who is knowledgable about your recent procedure and be clear with your expectations.

Sam Naficy, MD

Perlane to Chin....

+1

I can not imagine there be a problem with getting Perlane to the chin area at this time.  I do highly recommend you consult with your surgeon prior to these injections. 

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Perlane vs. fat

+1

I would advise you to trust your surgeon, especially if she/he is board certified in plastic surgery and has performed hundreds of fill procedures. Using a synthetic filler to tide you over is acceptable. The timing is tricky, most would wait months not weeks after a fat transfer before putting in anything. As far as fat vs. fillers I'm a strong proponent of fat. Not everyone is as good at keeping fat and molding fat as they are at using fillers but the few who do it swear by it. I'm one of those people. I have a fat transfers I did in 1999 that have required no touch ups. If anything my issue with fat is that it is too successful, and I've had to go back on occasion and remove it.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Best to wait a while before Perlane

+1

This early after a fat transfer procedure you will almost certainly have some swelling.  Placement of facial fillers will be most effective when the facial contours can be accurately evaluated in the abscence of swelling.  For my patients, I recommend waiting at least 6 weeks for fillers after any surgical procedure, including fat transfer.  The issue here is not safety (it is safe to use fillers in this setting, especially in a different location) but rather optimal aesthetic evaluation.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Safe yes, advisable...?

+1
At this point you are likely to have some residual swelling so it may be advisable to wait for some time prior to proceeding with Perlane. If it turns out you need more volume later it may be wise to perform a touch-up of your fat injections first. Depending on your surgeon, this may be a better financial option for you as well. Either way, I would make sure you discuss this thoroughly with your surgeon prior to deciding. Good luck.

Colin Pero, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Gee, I really like that Dr. Palmer.

+1

I basically agree with Dr. Palmer on the fat transfer issue.  I mean why have a surgical procedure when a nonsurgical treatment is even better?  I do recommend that you call your surgeon's office and get their advice regarding the placement of the perlane.  I do not think there is an issue.  However, it is your surgeon who will be responsible for taking care of you if there is a problem.

+1

I have performed many Cheek Augmentations over the past 20 years and performed several hundred fat transfers in 1990-91.  IMHO, fat transfer is not a reliable method of facial or cheek augmentation.  Fillers like Perlane and Radiesse are much more reliable and consistent in their results and Cheek Implants are, IMHO, the gold standard for permanently shaping the cheeks.  

Having said all of that, you are still swollen at 2 weeks after the fat transfer and IMO, there's no issue with you supplementing the cheek shape at this time with some Perlane however, as the fat settles further or goes away completely you may need to repeat the Perlane and or  consider cheek implants for a more permanent solution.

Fillers

+1

You need to take in consideration the fact that your face is now swallen because of surgery, fat transfer.

wait till all swelling is gone then consider the next procedures one needs to consider the entire look of the face and creat harmony of all parts of the face.