Fat Tranfer with Midface of Full Face Lift? (photo)

I am 42 yrs and i ve decided to have a face lift with fat transfer to address the facial fat loss and loss of contours.My dr recommended a midface lift to lift the cheeks and fat transfer to fill in under eye hollows. I think that my lower part of my face (lower cheeks and chin area) also needs some volume (even more volume than the mid face) and tightening of the loose skin.Wouldn't a full face lift with fat tranfer be a better option than a midface lift for the aging of the mid and lower face?

What are the options for treating my face?

+2

You appear to have nice jawline definition with little evidence of jowling. The main feature I notice in your mid face region is hollowing. From the pictures that you have provided, I would consider facial fat grafting. The addition of volume to the mid face would create a very natural, rejuvenated look by adding the third dimension to the cheek region that disappears as we age. I would get multiple opinions from experienced facial plastic surgeons.

It does not appear that you need a full face lift at this time.

+2

Thank you for your question and the photos.

It does not appear that you need a full face lift at this time.  A midface lift would give you the appearance of higher, fuller cheek bones but fat grafting may be all you need right now.  The photos help but can't replace seeing you in person. In theory, the benefits of a midface lift are good but it does have a measurable complication rate which cannot be ignored.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Fat Transfer with Mid Face or Full Face Lift

+2

Hello, in reviewing your posted photos I would only advise a Stem Cell Fat Grafting to your face. You should have a beautiful result in the right hands. Anything else is pre mature. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Ask if the surgeon specializes in Stem Cell Fat Grafting. Look at before and after photographs. Good luck to you.  

David Alessi, MD

Fat Tranfer with Midface of Full Face Lift?

+2

Based onl;y on the posted photos I would agree with a full facelifting/SMAS and fat grafting as a choice. Best to have ONLY in person consults from boarded PSs in your city. 

Fat transfer vs. the face lift

+2

You know, I gotta say, a full face lift (in my opinion) would be a bit much or a bit early for you.  I think your midface and cheeks would benefit greatly from fat transfer.  You can save any lifts for 3 to 5 years from now.  Please keep in mind this is merely my opinion based on your photos and the information given.  If you had more laxity in your neck or jawline I'd be more enthusiastic about a surgical lift.  Get a few more consults before proceeding.  Another thing, you appear thin.  Ask you surgeon to be honest with you; do you have enough fat to trasnfer?  If you don't Sculptra may be a good option for you.  The attached link has more information about how fat transfer is performed.  

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat-grafting and facelift

+2

If done carefully, fat-grafting could be very useful for addressing your areas of volume loss.  I would recommend being very careful about having a mid-face lift performed.  Even in the best hands, the complication rate is not insignificant. I think a full-facelift is a bit drastic as well.  A combination of fat-grafting or fillers and aggressive skin rejuvenation (laser or chemical peel) would be a reasonable place to start. 

Jarrod Little, MD

More likely than not you will be aesthetically harmed by a mid face lift.

+2

I question the advice you are getting.  This is way too much surgery for you.  You have volume loss along the side of the face and the facelift is not necessary.  Volume alone either with fat grafting or filler such as Perlane is all you need.  The face is not so lax that a facelift is needed.  The mid face lift has been a disaster for the most part.  I suggest getting more opinions regarding your best options.  Also your upper lid is overfilled.

Fat transfer to face

+2

You are not ready for a face lift.

Do the fat transfer to the face. Choose well ,because the fat transfer to the face is an art and is technique dependant

Photos could be a bit better

+2

Its hard to get a good perspective of the face without full face photos.

I'm not sure that you are quite ready for a full face lift yet. As far as a midface lift goes, I rarely perform a midface lift  AND fat grafting. Its usually one or the other.

Since fat grafting has been so instrumental in improving midface volume, I usually reserve midface lifts for reconstructive procedures.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer with Midface Lift

+1

I would recommend facial fat grafting to help with the volume loss.  The midface lift I would not recommend.  The facelift I would not recommend.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts and facial fat grafting procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA