Can Fat of the Upper Eyelide Outskirts Area Grow Back?

My doctor used an injector to take out some fat on the outskirts of my upper eyelids. And now my skin is very loose, and I look like more older than before. I wonder can the fat grow back again? How long it usually takes? If it cannot grow back, can I inject some fat taken from other parts of my body? Will this be permenant and will it be very risky as the area around the eyes has many nerves. Thanks a lot!!

Fat taken in the lateral parts of the eyelid

+1

Without pictures it would be hard to know what you are talking about. But where ever the fat is taken away, you can always put fat back in to achieve the results that you want. You would have to go to someone that knows aesthetics and fat grafting and really listens to you.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treating lateral brow fat removal

+1

It sounds like your surgeon had performed liposuction to your lateral eyebrow area. Your description of how your skin appears looser and older as a result of diminishing your facial volume in this area is illustrates the importance facial fat plays in creating a youthful appearance.

Unfortunately, I don't think that any fat will grow to fill in the area where it was removed. Luckily, there is a way to reverse the effect of fat removal using facial fat grafting (also called lipostructure). The fat that takes is permanent in the sense that it should last as long as your natural facial fat. The lateral brow isn't a particularly risky area to perform fat grafting.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Fat transfer around your eyes and brow

+1

I am not sure what you mean by an injector to remove fat, It is possible you mean you had liposuction in this region. If you truely deficient of fat from too aggressive removal, than I would think fat harvested from elsewhere could be transfered back to this region. Fat will not likely grow back into this area. Really good fat grafting wil be about 70-80 % permanent. There are not a lot of nerves in the area to be concerned about.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon