Can Fat Removed Via Liposuction From the Abdomen be Transferred to Butt?

I'm considering liposuction in the abdomen area and use that fat to be injected to my buttocks. Is this possible? This will be my first time for liposuction/contour. I heard that fat removed for the first time is best to be used for transfer.

Yes, this is called the Brazilian Butt Lift.

+2

Yes, Fat can be removed from areas where you don't want it and placed into your buttocks.  I have been doing this for over 13 years.  It's a great procedure.  And the results do last when done correctly.  I have seen some of my patients at about 10 years after their buttocks augmentation procedure and they look as good as they did at about 3 months.  I have also had a few patients who gained a few pounds over the subsequent years and their buttocks got significantly larger!  These are live functioning fat cells.  The results are permanent.  But it has to be done correctly for the fat to live.

Fat injections to the buttock only works in a small percentage of patients.

+2

Fat grafting from the abdomen to the buttocks has only so -so results and may last 3-12 months and is often done every 3 months for a few times.  Liposuctioning around the buttocks and on the thighs and hips does more for shaping the buttock and by itself may be all you need.  Adding a little fat at least won't hurt anything and may turn out just fine. Trust your doc's opinion.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat transfer to the buttocks is being done commonly

+1

In the last few years, the Brazilian butt lift is becoming increasingly popular.  Liposuction is done on an area such as the abdominal area and  the extra fat is processed and injected as fat grafting into the buttock.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Brazilian butt lift

+1

Yes, any fat I remove can be transferred to any other area. One of the more common places I transfer fat is the buttock area with contouring of the hips and thighs around it to achieve the "Brazilian butt lift". 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

There are several different methods to perform the actual liposuction and processing of the fat following the liposuction as well as the re-injection of the fat to the buttocks; however, the actual techniques used can impact how much of the fat is still present at one year following the Brazilian buttock lift.  It is the combination of the fat transfer to the buttocks as well as the removal of the fat from the abdomen and lower back/flanks that improves the overall contour of the buttocks.  Two people in your area (Newport Beach) that perform this procedure are Dr. Hisham Seify and Dr. Nirav Savalia--you will be happy with either one of them.  Best wishes.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift

+1

Of course it can.  For a moderate augmentation of the buttock, I normally take fat from multiple areas.  These include the abdomen, love handles, upper back, lower back, and thighs when necessary.  Please have a look at our gallery where many patients have had these areas liposuctioned. See the link below.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Brazilian butt lift

+1

Fat transfer is certainly possible after liposuction. The removal of the fat needs to be done differently so you should make sure that your plastic surgeon is familiar with the various techniques.

David L. Abramson, MD

Moving Fat from the Belly to the Butt

+1

Yes, you can have fat removed from your abdomen and injected into your butt.  Without pictures or examining you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice or know if you are a good candidate.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Brazilian butt lift, is a very popular procedure

+1

Yes, fat can be liposuctioned from the abdomen and transferred or injected into the buttock area for enhancement. This is a very technique dependent procedure, the surgeon has to remove the fast under low negative suction pressures not to injur the fat, the serum and broken cells need to be removed and the fat has to be transplanted to the desired area in minute amounts under the gluteal muscle, into the muscle into the buttock fat and under ths skin. One has to imagine and do this in a three dimensional fashion. The contouring of your lower back, hips waistline all enhance your results. I never just transfer fat from the abdomen only. You can read about this on my web site. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to buttocks

+1

It is certainly possible to remove fat from the abdomen and transfer it to the buttocks.  This is called a brazilian butt lift.