Too Much Fat Removed in Botched Lipo of Thighs 20 Years Ago. Options?

I now have huge hard lumps and indents all over my thighs. I have undergone 4!!! very painful thigh lift procedures to smooth this out, only to be left with horrible scarring around bikini area...and the lumps remain. I look like a monster. I'm 54 and work out and in good shape, but always had very heavy legs. (Thanks Mom) The lumps appeared soon after the procedure but was told to massage, which I did. Lumps got worse.A Chief Plastic Surgery in major hosp. did thigh lifts to no avail.What now?

Poor outcomes from multiple procedures of the thighs

+1

Without any photos, it is impossible to provide you with much useful information. Your history appears long and complex - and obtaining a solution through online communications is impossible. You may want to consult a few very well qualified plastic surgeons either in your area or nationally for suggestions. 

Lumps and Bumps :-(

+1

It would be very helpful to see some photographs.   Hard to say without seeing them.   Options include scar revision, fat injections, liposuction?   Hard to be objective without examination.   Sorry   :-0

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Correction of bad results after liposuction

+1

Correction of bad results after liposuction is very difficult and may require multiple procedures.including, liposuction, fat transfer and tightening procedures.

The lumps you describe could be fat necrosis , could be only fat that was missed.

Lumpy Lipo

+1

Without seeing pictures or examining you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice about repairing lipo that you had 20 years ago.  If you have lumps or indentations, then you may benefit from secondary liposuction and fat grafting.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Liposuction deformity

+1

Liposuction contour deformities usually result from one of three things. 

• Areas of over-treatment
  • Areas of under-treatment (sometimes a combination of both)
  • Problems with skin elasticity

Options for treatment include:

• Structural fat grafting of areas of over-treatment
  • Additional liposuction of areas of under treatment
  • Skin tightening procedures

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon