Can Fat be Removed While Having a Capsulotomy?

I had 275cc mod+ profile silicone implants. I just had a revision and got 325cc mod+ profile silicone implants put in. I feel that my breasts are the same size, if not, smaller than before the surgery.

I had capsular contracture and the doctor performed a capsulotomy. Is it is possible that some fat could have been removed in the capsulotomy?

Capsulotomy does not remove fat

+1
Capsulotomy tightens surrounding the implant and therefore makes the breast feel softer and more natural. You have not lost breast volume but the breast is in a more appropriate position rather than sitting up high on the chest.

Breast Size after Capsulotomy?

+1

What you are experiencing is not uncommon after the capsulotomy procedure. Capsulotomy tends to “soften” the appearance/ and feel of the breasts.  There tends to be a more natural and less projecting appearance of the breasts  after the procedure leading some patients to feel that their breasts are actually smaller. It is highly unlikely that any tissue was removed during your procedure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

No fat was removed during your capsulotomy!

+1

Your surgeon released the scar that was constricting your breast implants to a high and tight appearance. Even though you went up 50cc in size, that amount is not a visible change to most patients (it is the same as 3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon--NOT visible over an entire breast), and the breast implants are no longer squeezed by your capsular contracture into what you got used to before.

You are indeed bigger, but not by any substantial amount, and the loss of unnatural projection is commonly perceived as "loss of volume." Many patients in the exact situation such as yours have this outcome and impression.

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/getting-ready.html#capsular-contracture

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breasts appear smaller after capsulotomy

+1

A capsulotomy is performed when the capsule(natural covering of the breast pocket) becomes very tight, causing the implant to feel hard and frequently causing the breast to look like a ball on the chest.  A capsulotomy releases the scar allowing the implant to spread out and sit properly within the pocket. The implant may look smaller because it is sitting more flattly on the cheat, the way it is supposed to.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes very possible but doubtful. You size increase of ONLY 50 cc's was to little. Especially with a capsule release, allows the new implant a larger pocket. So it appears smaller.