Fat removal limits in the US?

My husband and I are thinking of having plastic surgery at the same time. As I am looking around, I am realizing that there is a fat removal limit of 4 liters. My hubby wants/needs lipo to the belly, back and love handles and may have a little more to give then 4 liters. I, on the other hand, would like a BBL with tummy tuck and am wondering if there is a fat removal limit in the DR . Does anybody know the answer? Thanks guys

Fat removal limits in the US?

+1

I typically remove 5 liters on the majority of my patients as they are looking for the most dramatic transformation but remaining in a safe zone.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction limits

+1

These are standard recommendations:

• up to 500 cc liposuction in office, local anesthesia
  • up to 5,000 cc (5 liters) liposuction in out patient surgery center
  • over 5,000 cc liposuction - in hospital
  1. If your husband needs a little more than 4 liters - an outpatient surgery center is fine.
  2. A 5 L liposuction will yield about 2 L of fat - enough for a BBL.
  3. I recommend against a tummy tuck with BBL because of greater risk of complications

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Lipo limit

+1

It is recommended that liposuction of more then 5 liters be done in a hospital so as to better monitor fluid shifts

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon