Where Can I Have the Fat Reinjected?

Can you tell me where I shoud be reinjected and when? I had my first cheek Fat injections on 21/5/2009. I had a totally skinny face from losing to much weight. However, I still have the hollowness of my cheeks near my ears.

Fat may be injected in many areas of the face

+2

Molly71,

Based on your prior fat injection question and the date on this post, it may still be a little too early for repeat fat injection. I would suggest waiting at least 6-8 weeks before considering repeat injection. Nothing can replace an in-person examination; however, based on this one picture alone, you may consider additional fat injection in the nasolabial folds, the groove which runs from the nose to the corner of the mouth.

Fat transfer or fat injections in the face is a popular cosmetic treatment for facial enhancement and rejuvenation. Fat is a natural and soft injectable filler that has potential for long term aesthetic results. Fat transfer is commonly performed under local anesthesia or IV sedation. Most patients have swelling and bruising after the procedure, which lasts a few weeks.

One can usually have more fat injected, if you feel more volume is needed. Some patients feel they need more fat injected, even before fully healed from the first treatment. Overall, it's better to have too little fat than too much injected.

Some surgeons save fat to be added later for touch-up or minor injections in the office without IV sedation. Touch-up injections may occur several weeks after the first injection, once a majority of the swelling and bruising has subsided.

Speak with your plastic surgeon and ask when, if any, more fat may be injected.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Micro Fat Grafting

+2

Dear Moolly 71, you can add as much volume- of course being reasonable- as you would like to achieve the cheek shape you desire. This may require repeated sessiion(s) to provide enough contour. This may be done as early as 2 months after the previous session of fat grafting.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD