No Fat Reduction Under the Chin After Losing 50 Lbs?

I have lost close to fifty pounds over the last year. I have noticed fat reduction in every place on my body except under my chin. I suspect that heredity has something to do with it, my father has a similar facial profile. I am a 39 yr old male. Opinions?

Laser Liposuction of the chin and neck will remove fat and correct double chin

+2

You are correct that heredity plays a role in the formation of a double chin. With weight loss chin or neck fat will lessen, but more slowly than other areas and the heredity factor will continue.

The new Laser Assisted Liposuction, the SlimLipo procedure, is an excellent method of reducing or correcting the double chin.

The SlimLipo laser fiber is tiny and can be inserted through a very small puncture wound beneath the chin, and the fat is liquefied prior to removal. Because the fat is liquefied, it can be removed with a very small tube or cannula. The benfit of this is that the fat is removed less traumatically than with older liposuction techniques.

The "more gentle" removal results, in my opinion based on 4 years of experience, in smoother skin with less contour deformities than with traditional techniques.

In addition, the heat generated by the laser helps to tighten the skin, so there is less risk of loose hanging skin as can be seen following traditional liposuction.

Results of Laser Liposuction of the chin have been excellent (see link below for photos.)

Fat Reduction Under the Chin

+1

Heredity can very well play a part in your double chin issues. Liposuction may be a good option for you once you have reached your desired weight lose goals. Find an experienced surgeon in your area and have a full evaluation to determine your specific needs,desires and goals.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the neck

+1

You seem to be an ideal candidate for liposuction of your neck. Of course, you need to be examined and have a full evaluation. Some areas of the body are just more resistant to weight loss and for you its just under your chin. Good luck.

Jack Gelman, MD
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon