Which fat reduction/shaping procedure would be best for me?

I'm 23, 5'4" and constantly going between 200-210 despite all kinds of exercise. I am considering some "help" with my tummy, double chin, and inner thigh areas. Everywhere else responds very well to exercise. I am in Oregon and confused! What is the "right" procedure and how much should I expect to pay? Liposuction, tummy tuck, cool lipo...?

Tough to sat from pictures

+1
I would keep up a diet and exercise plan first. At 23 with gradual weight loss the skin may shrink on its own. I like Dr. Barry Sears diet You can have lipo but it you may end up with some loose skin in the lower tummy area. Good Luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

I think tummy tuck and liposuction of additional areas is probably the best choice, but a physical exam would be necessary to confirm.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction

+1

You need to be examined in person to determine the best choice for you. Based on your photos, you'd get the best results if you lost some more weight. That will make a tummy tuck more beneficial to you.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Body contour procedures

+1

I think that it is important to go for a consultation and get a proper evaluation in person. A tummy tuck is best for women that have had children who have weak muscles and a lot of loose skin.

Operative choice

+1

Additional information would be helpful such as pregnancy history and obviusly an examination. Short of that it looks like you would benefit most (besides from natural weight loss) from an abdominoplasty and liposuction to the other areas. I would see a Board Certifed Plastic Surgeon (or more then one) in your area and get their opinion.

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1

I suspect most of the answers you get will be the same as this one. There is not a "best" type of liposuction, the result depends on the skill of your surgeon. The rest is just marketing. From your photos it looks like you can get some nice changes from the procedure, but it would really take an exam to determine if you should have a TT. Prices vary dramatically from one area to another and even within an area. Your best bet is to get a consultation and then you will have all your questions answered. The most important thing is don't just worry about price, don't go to a liposuction "mill" and do your homework on picking the right plastic surgeon. And do make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. There are a lot of people doing liposuction with little training.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD