Can Fat Pockets Be Taken From Around the Mouth?

The lower portion of my face juts out kind of, which I wouldn't have a problem with if the fat pockets around my mouth didn't make my mouth stick out so far. They're on the sides, where a mans mustache would end. They make my cheeks look weird when I smile, and my smile look bad. So I was wondering if it would be possible to have them removed, and how much that would cost me?

Micro cannula liposuction under local anesthesia will help perioral mounds.

+3

Micro cannula liposuction under local anesthesia for around $1000 will help the perioral mounds and is so easy to undergo.  Expect a little bruising and swelling but no down time.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Perioral Mound MIcroliposuction Removes Bulges At The Corners Of The Mouth

+2

The small discrete fat pockets that you refer to are known as perioral mounds. They can be reduced with small cannula liposuction through small incisions inside the corner of your mouth. That procedure can be done under local anesthesia. Only 1 to 2 ccs of fat need to be removed to make a noticeable difference.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Microcannula liposuction

+1

These fat pouches can be treated with very small cannulae during liposuction. Not much needs to be removed. See a board certified physician who does liposuction so that an examination can be done to tell you if you are definitely a candidate for the procedure and to review the risks of the operation.

Ronald Shelton, MD