How Much Fat is Needed for a Brazilian Buttlift?

i AM 5'7 AND 140. I def am a good 15 pounds over an ideal body type, but is that enough to have a successfull BB-lift? I do not want a Brazilian BUttlift for a larger rear end, only for one that looks less long or saggy. Should 15 pounds of fat be enough? COnsidering not all the fat stays? Thanks!

Is Fifteen Pounds of Fat Enough for the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+3

Hi Lidia
Being 15 lbs over ideal body weight means you likely have enough fat "somewhere" that can be used to transfer to your buttocks.  Without seeing you or at least pictures of you, I don't know if it is in areas that can be liposuctioned and transferred to your buttocks.  And, actually, at 5'7'', ideal body weight is closer to 135 lbs.  So, you are really only about 5 pounds over the perfect weight, and that is still within the appropriate range for your height.  I have been doing this procedure for over 13 years and have seen patients who are at or even below their ideal weight who had large pockets of fat around their love handle area that was perfect for transfer to their buttocks.  Weight isn't the main issue.  It's where the fat is that counts. 
How much fat you need for this procedure depends on how much larger you want your buttocks.  This is best determined in person. 
Good Luck

BBL Procedure

+1

A photo and physical exam is needed to make any recommendations.  The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Brazilian Buttlift to Improve Saggy Nature of Buttock

+1

In general, women of your height and weight are good candidates for the Brazilian buttlift.  An exam is always essential to determine where your fat stores reside.  I like to be able to liposuction the maximum, which is 5 liters.  I like to have enough fat to transfer 1200 to 1500 cc per buttock.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

How much fat is needed for brazilian buttock lift

+1

Based on your height and weight it sounds like you would be a good candidate for a Brazilian buttock lift. Especially if you have an extra 15 pounds, that should be sufficient-provided it is in the right distribution on your body. A board certified plastic surgeon experienced with this procedure can examine you and determine if you are a good candidate for certain.. You should also have relatively good skin tone (elasticity) to ensure a good result in the areas of liposuction.

You are correct that not all of the fat will survive, you can expect to lose about 30% of the fat after the transer.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

How much fat is neede for the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

How much donor fat oneeeds for the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure depends upon the height and weight of the patient, the particular shape and size of the buttocks before surgery, the desires of the patient, and the advice and experience of the surgeon. I have operated on a number of patients who have their appropriate weight; in such cases I usually need to rake fat from multiple areas. It would seem that with your height and weght you would be an appropriate candidate bu tultimately that decision will be made at the tiem of consultation. But you should have a consultation with a plastic surgeon with  experience in the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure.

George Lefkovits, MD

Amount of fat needed for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi,

Thanks for the question.  Certainly hard to tell from a post since everyone carries weight differently, however, I've done BBLs successfully on a variety of body types.  The only patients I typically come across that aren't a fit for the procedure are those with VERY low body fat and weight.  

From your post, it sounds like you would be ok, but again, that is what the consultation process if for.  I've had to tell some patients to gain a few pounds before I can do the procedure before.  I tend to sculpt the areas around the BBL also as needed for an even better effect.  These areas include the waistline, hips and/or thighs, so that fat can also be used, once treated, to add volume.  

Steven Svehlak, MD