How Much Fat Would You Take out of my Thighs? (photo)

I was just wondering how much fat would you take out of my legs, a range is okay, as I know you would need to see me. I weigh about 155 pounds and 5'5. I would like to see a nice result.

How Much Fat Would You Take out of my Thighs?

+1

I would allow the surgeon to produce an improvement in contour and try not to worry about the number.  The skin quality will not improve to any great degree.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Pounds to be removed in liposuction

+1

A photo of thighs is inadequate information to even remotely estimate fat to be removed.  To estimate volume a surgeon needs to examine the patient,  weigh the patient,  measure the height,  check for asymmetry,   and measure the thighs.   Even after this a surgeon cannot exactly estimate volume or weight to be removed.   The volume and therefore the weight to be removed is determined at the time of the surgery.  After 30 years of liposuction I cannot tell the exact weight before the surgery.   If patients ask I give a range of often this to that over 500 cc one way or the other.   This is the way it is.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the thighs

+1

I can not possible estimate the volume removed. In person I would evaluate you and show you the areas that can be treated. Remember that the dimpling of your skin will not improve and may get worse.

HOW MUCH FAT

+1

The idea for lipo-contouring is not to see how much fat you can take out but to achieve optimal contour improvement. The answer to your question is, as much as necessary to achieve the contour goals. We need to maintain natural appearing contour and symmetry. That is only achieved by constant intra-operative evaluation.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon