"Fat" on my Eyelids? (photo)

Im 19 years old and ive been having problems with my eyelids for years now. Everyone that has seen me always ask me if i was in a fight or something because they look so puffy. But the werid thing is that the right one is more puffier then the left. I wanna get this fixed really soon because im afraid that as i get older they will start coming down and cover my eyes and cannot see. What can i do? surgery? a treatment?

Drooping upper eyelid

+2

This does not look like fat or a generalized eyelid swelling. It looks like a swollen gland possibly a sty. You need to see a surgeon face to face sooner rather than later.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

"Fat" on my Eyelids

+2

Your presentation is not typical for "fat" on the eyelids.  You need to be examined by an Oculoplastic surgeon to evaluate and diagnose your condition before any surgery is attempted.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Do not see a general plastic surgeon unless they truly focus on Asian eyelid surgery!

+2

Do not ask a surgeon who only performs a limited range of cosmetic eyelid surgery on Western eyelids to take care of this problem.  It will be a disaster.  I am not here to pick on a particular surgical speciality.  I would make the same statement for a facial plastic surgeon or even an oculoplastic surgeon.  I would not go to a surgeon who only performs double fold surgery.  You have a unique issue that will require a very thoughtful examination and a detailed knowledge of orbital anatomy and the skills to develop a surgery just for you.  It would be great if every surgeon out there had these skills but it is not the case.  Being board certified in a particular surgical specialty will not get you the surgeon you need.  You are really need one of a very limited number of surgeons out there to assess you and develop a plan for your particular situation.  Please be careful out there.

Puffy eyelids need detailed examination first.

+2

While your photos help, a direct examination would be required to evaluate why your lids are puffy and why there is asymmetry between the 2 lids.  A board certified plastic surgeon would be an excellent place to start.  They would be able to recommend the best treatment options for you.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Lateral eyelid fat

+1

It may be from your photos that you have an enlarged lacrimal gland. I would recommend that you be evaluated by an oculoplastic surgeon to see what options are available to you.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fullness in eyelid

+1

The "fullness" in your right upper eyelid is not typical of "fat".  You should consult with an oculoplastic surgeon before considering any eyelid surgery. You can find an oculoplastic surgeon by visiting asoprs.org

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat?

+1

At 19 years of age, it would be rather unusual to have sudden or even recurrent eyelid ptosis without an underlying medical reason or cause for this phenomenon.  Therefore, please seek immediate medical treatment for your right eyelid because of a possible localized infection or an unexplained inflammatory condition.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

It looks like dacryoadenitis

+1

It looks like you have inflamed enlarged lacrimal glands. That is called dacryadenitis. You should visit an oculoplastic specialist.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Puffy eyelids in 19 year old

+1

It is difficult to tell from your photos alone what would be the best option for you.  You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you you and discuss your goals and options.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon