How Much Fat Can You Lose on Smartlipo MPX?

altough we all know your answaers... results may vary from patient to patient... before doing one i would like to compare all the procedures and determine wich is the one that can extract the most fat of may body and how much can i expect to weigh before the procedure?

SmartLipo is best for final steps in body sculpting

+4

Smartlipo yields beautiful body contouring results, but for patients who are looking to remove large amounts of fat, I usually prefer to use water-assisted (body-jet) liposuction.  I often employ a combination treatment, using water-assisted liposuction to debulk larger areas followed by laser-assisted liposuction to sculpt with greater precision.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

fat can you lose on Smartlipo MPX

+2

By BOARD OF MEDICINE rules only 4 liters of fat can be removed in an office operating room not matter the type of liposuction preformed. Be careful. From MIAMI DR. B

When too much fat is taken out

+1

You can only remove so much fat with one procedure to maintain safety. If a physician exceeds this amount, bad things can happen. The one thing that we have always offered, is that if you have to come back for a second session to remove the rest of the fat, there is no additional charge. I believe this is the best way to get optimal results and keep you safe.

Jeffrey Adelglass, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results with Smartlipo MPX liposuction treatment

+1

There are limits to how much fat can be removed with liposuction.  This is true whether the liposuction is done with laser assistance (Smartlipo), ultrasound assistance (Vaser) , the wet technique (tumescent), or traditional (dry) liposuction.   If more than 4000 cc of fat is removed the procedure is considered Large Volume Liposuction and this procedure carries higher risks (bleeding/fat embolism) than standard volume liposuction.  Remember, liposuction is designed to help tailor areas resistant to fat loss by regular means - diet and exercise - it is not designed as a weight reduction treatment.  I agree with Dr. Blinski, be careful what you wish for.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo is a body shaping procedure and not a weight reducing procedure

+1

Smartlipo is a body shaping procedure and not a weight reducing procedure. Therefore the amount of fat removed is unimportant compared with the amount of fat left behind.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist