Is This Fat or Loose Skin? (photo)

Tumescent lipo done flanks, upper & lower abdomen 4 months ago. I'm 46 100lbs, no kids and the Dr said I had good skin.350 mls from each flank and 300mls from stomach area. I can't see much difference in my abdo and the Dr yesterday said it was hard to get much out and 300mls was a lot for me.When I grabbed my rolls he said it was loose skin but I've always had this despite the rest of my body being thin. He said leave it for two months till the hardness goes away. I'd love any comments. Thanks

Disappointed with Liposuction Results

+1

Hi - If the amount that were suctioned are accurate then I would say that you could probably benefit from more aggressive Liposuctioning. As to whether a Tummy Tuck would benefit you, that would be determined at a consultation. You do appear to have some laxity to your skin but that does not necessarily mean that you need anything more than liposuction. You should get several 'second opinions' but need to wait at least six months from your procedure to allow most of the swelling and scarring to have resolved.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Web reference: http://www.westonsurgery.com

Is This Fat or Loose Skin?

+1

I think that you could have additional liposuction and possibly skin removal for the maximal result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Disappointing liposuction result

+1

Thank you for your question about your liposuction result.

• The liposuction photographs suggest you gained weight afterwards.
  • Few 100 pound people have a liter of excess fat..
  • Your rectus muscles and skin are very loose.
  • It is not possible to advise you with conflicting information. I suggest a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with before/after photos, weights and complete history and exam. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Is This Fat or Loose Skin?

+1

Hard to believe you had a total of 1,000 cc's of fat removed. Any photos or pathology reports to determine if that is true? Or only your surgeon's word. Appears as you need another lipo. Sorry. 

Liposuction or tummy tuck

+1

Based solely on your squeezing your skin in the last photo, it seems that you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Best to see in person to be sure.

Liposuction

+1
Without pysical examination it is difficult to tell whether you have excess lax skin that needs surgical removal or you have fat that will respond to liposuction. You may need both.