I lost 7 stone in 2 years. Is This Fat or Loose Skin? Whatever It Is, What Can I Do? (Photo)

I lost 7 stone in 2 years,the only part im not happy with is my stomach. Not sure what i see is fat or lose skin. I workout out 4 times a week for an hour and eat relatively well and still cant seem to get rid of what you see in the pics. Im considering fat freezing treatments in London but im sceptical about their results and long and term solution. If i consider fat freezing, where will the fat go once frozen? how long to see results(be real)? and is it permanent (with healthy lifestyle)

Rule Out Hernia Then Freeze byVillar

+2

This is likely fat with stretching of the overlying skin. However, it is imperative to rule out a ventral hernia before any treatment. Placing a liposuction cannula into an abdominal hernia could be catastrophic. The suction from coolsculpting could also worsen the condition. An experienced surgeon should be able to make the diagnosis.  

If it is a well formed lipoma (encapsulated benign fatty tumor), it can be removed through a 1/2 inch incision by a well trained surgeon.

If it is localized abdominal fat, then you are an ideal candidate for coolsculpting.  

Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS

Coolsculpting for fat loss

+1

your photograph shows a focal area of what may be an adipose (fat) abundance. It appears as if you had a prior procedure since the bulge is only a part of an anatomic area.

See a physician to determine by examination if you are a candidate for coolsculpting for fat removal.

Ronald Shelton, MD