Fat Injections 6 Weeks Apart for Brazilian Butt Lift?

The guide for brazilian butt lifts states "The fat is then injected into your buttocks with a series of injections done six weeks apart to create a shapelier, rounded butt." This has never been suggested by any of the surgeons that I have talked to.. or read about...Is the six week procedure something new?

Fat Injection for more shapely buttocks

+2

Thanks for your question -

In our San Francisco area practice we routinely use fat transfer to enhance buttocks shape (as well as for hand and face rejuvenation).

The key to a successful operation is getting the fat that's transferred to survive. That means careful harvest, processing and reinjection of the fat. Typically it takes 3-6 months to really appreciate the final result and the survivability of transferred fat. In that respect 6 weeks would be too early to plan for re-injection of the fat.

In addition, remember that freshly harvested fat survives best, meaning that everytime you're thinking about re-injection it means more liposuction.

In our practice it is unusual to have to inject fat more than once.

Brazilian Butt Lift Allows Achievement of a Fuller, More Rounded Buttocks in One Procedure

+1

Hi there-

In my Orlando Plastic Surgery and Skin Care Center, we perform 1-2 Brazilian Butt Lift procedures a week (on average), and very rarely does a patient want or require a second treatment.

The outcomes are excellent and long-lasting after the initial procedure.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

No Need to stage Buttock Fat Augmentation

+1

The key to a nice augmented, shapelier fuller buttock is understanding of what makes the buttocks attractive and what every ethnic group views as attractive in buttocks. Although some basic points are common to all, there are small fundamental differences is the attractiveness of buttocks between Latin, Blacks and Asians which need to be taken into consideration.

Fat augmentation of the buttocks (aka Brazilian Butt Lift) need not be done in stages unless a correction needs to be effected. In the vast majority of cases, the operation is done in one stage.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea