Fat Injections Help Thin Face in 19-year-old?

Hi, I'm 19 years old and I think I need fat injections. My problem is that I lost weight and my face got so bony and I feel insecure but I don't want to have to gain it back for my face to look better. Can anyone give me information about fat injections? Thank you

Fat transfer to face

+1

Yes, if your facial thinning is solely due to significant weight loss, then fat transfer can help. But we have to make sure that there is no other medical reason. However if you continue to lose weight, it can potentially be lost from the lipoaugmented areas too.

Facial Fat Injections

+1

Without photographs it is impossible to comment to give you specific advice. Aging and disease are associated with facial wasting. Before embarking on grafting fat to the face in a young woman I would want to make sure you do not have an eating disorder or other disease which may affect the procedure and your long term health. With everything else being clear, there is no reason why fat grafting could not be done to the face. Fat can be applied judiciously and greatly rejuvenate and enhance the face.

Facial Fat injections in a teenager

+1

It is difficult to make any recommendations without a full history and physical examination. Many young individuals have thin faces due to low overall body fat that tends to improve with subtle weight gain following completion of growth. I would be

Fat injections for facial fat loss

+1

Before any cosmetic procedure the surgeon wants to make sure you're healthy so that you heal well. Are you eating enough calories and a healthy diet? If you're not, you may not get a good result from the fat injections. Fat injections may give long term results but in some patients it is unpredictable.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Facial Fat Grafting for a young woman

+1

Certainly, fat grafting is possible in a 19 year old. It is important to concider that if you are trying to correct weight loss associated changes with fat grafting, that the fat will be permanent. So, if you happen to gain weight later on, this new fat will expand, too leaving you with a potentially unsatisfactory appearance. I would stick with temporary fillers for now.

This is different if you would want simply higher cheekbones. Then fat grafting is a more appropriate option.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon