Fat Injections Under the Eyes Overdone? (photo)

Dear Doctors, The surgeon injected fat under my eyes and now 6 monthes after injections. He definitely injected too much. People who see me think that I'm sick. My friends says I;m looking worse because of bags under my eyes. I sending the picture from the front (its not the worsest one, but can you see something on this pic?). Is it possible somehow to fix this? TO remove this fat or to do some surgery or injections? How to fix it and avoid to make things worse? Thank you very much!

Fat transfer to the eyes

+1

Dear guitz,

• If you feel that it is overfilled, then there are options to reduce the volume
  • Please see a surgeon experienced in fat transfer for an evaluation
  • The procedures can even be done in the office with minimal downtime

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Overinjection of Fat

+1

Thanks for your questions and photo.  Without the preoperative photos and more post-operative, it is difficult to tell what can be done to correct your concerns.  It appears that there is more tissue under the eyes to the sides.  To remove this excess can be done under a local using microcannulas to remove the excess fat.  I hope this helps and good luck in your endeavors.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Fat Iinjections Overdone?

+1

It's hard to know whether they're "overdone" without knowing what you looked like before the procedure and exactly what was done during the surgery.  Either way, though, if you're unhappy with the current appearance you can consider having some of the fat removed.  It's not a simple thing to do (it is not, for example, the same as removing fat during a lower eyelid blepharoplasty since the fat won't be in the typical anatomic "pockets") and you would certainly need to be seen for an in-person consultation.  But if the fullness is bothering you then that's what I would recommend.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Overdone Fat Injections

+1

Some recommend injecting more fat than is necessary into an area, but overfilling in some cases can lead to this problem.  Preop photos would be helpful to determine if you had malar bags before surgery.  If you had malar bags, these are difficult to correct.  The right lower eyelid bump is noticeable and can be removed and made better.

More photos are needed

+1

From the one photo that you have posted, we can see a contour irregularity [small mound] on the right lower eyelid.

As mentioned by other experts, it is important to have your preop photos to be able to compare the change.

It is important not to over do the fat grafting along the eyelids. The skin here is quite thin and unforgiving to contour irregularities.

Having said that, the fat can be removed surgically if need be.

An in person consultation is needed.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Over Fat Grafting??

+1

Consider obtaining your Operative Report and PRE-OPERATIVE pictures from your surgeon. Take these materials with you when you go for an evaluation. All is not lost. Excessive fat grafting can be removed in several fashions such as solutions that dissolve fat, liposuction, excision, etc. It is too bad your surgeon is not familar with these techniques for correction of over fat grafting? Consider a member of the ASAPS familiar with Fat Grafting in your area for a consultation. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Overcorrection with fat injections

+1

It is difficult to assess the result of your fat grafting to the lower eyelids without seeing pre-surgery photos and multiple angles.

If it appears that the region is overcorrected, the options include injecting the fat grafted region with steroids or to directly excise the excess fat. This can often be done through a small incision made in the inside of the eyelid which heals quite quickly.

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon