Fat Injections in Lips, Is this Possible?

I heard of a procedure that can be done with ones own fat, then it is cleaned and injected in the desired area, I am interested in getting my lips augmented and was wondering if this procedure can be done with injecting the fat in the lips? Also, what would be the cost of it?

Fat grafting for the lips

+2

Fat transfer like you describe is possible and a great treatment for the face. It doesn't have a very good longetivity in the lips, though. Filler injection in the office is a better option for the lips.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/progallery/facial-fat-grafting

Fat to the lips..depends on the injector and his specialty

+1

Reading all the doctors comments makes me smile. I am considered "the father of fat grafting' ..Dr. Coleman in New York was in attendance at one of my lectures and started the worldwide trend in fat grafting.I have well over a thousand lips injected with fat over the years.My earlier augments had a large amount of resorption. as I got more experience and tweeked my technique I have numerous patients years out with the fat still present.... I am a surgeon. Surgeons use surgical techniques vis a vi fat grafting. It is only minimally invasive of course. Derms use fillers generally. If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail..It is the technician not the technique.. Both work in the right hands

Fat Injections for Lip Augmentation

+1

Fat injections to the lips is definitely possible. The "take" of the fat is variable, so you may need more than one procedure, but if done carefully the risk of lumpiness is low and the results can be very long lasting.

If you are looking to have lip augmentation performed for a specific event (such as a wedding) I would suggest having a filler injection instead, because the results are more predictable, although not as long lasting. Good luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Fat can be injected into the lips, however it is difficult to achieve an artful result.

+1

Fat is a much thicker and somewhat lumpy filler that Restylane, Perlane or Juvederm, so it is much more difficult to achieve an artful result, however the results will be longer lasting.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation.

+1

I think placing fat in the lips is a great way to achieve the results you want. Of course as with any procedure you want to be sure and find a surgeon who has a lot of experience doing it because Fat survival in the lips can very. It can last a very long time unlike the typical 5-8 months with fillers.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is but not advisable IMHO.  Fat transfer, despite claims to the contrary, is far from reliable or as effective as off the shelf fillers like Restylane or Juvederm.  For a longer lasting Lip Augmentation, consider Alloderm Lip Implants and be sure the MD you choose understands  and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of naturally, more beautiful lips.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Fat Injections for Lip Augmentation - a good choice for many

+1

I have used fat injections to the lips for 25 years and find that it results in  soft and natural lip .augmentation. The problem is that although you will always have some improvement with each procedure the amount that survives is highly variable and I believe dependent on the experience of the surgeon and other technical factors. Probably, that is why there are some negative posts. I have not experienced lumps as much as the variability of take. I always tell my patients to expect more than one lipoinjection procedure to get to their goal which is a soft and natural lip augmentation that is long lasting if not permanent.. It will look natural in an experienced  surgeon's hands.

Fat vs Synthetic Fillers For Lip Injections

+1

Fat injections into the lips is a commonly done procedure. It is not a question of whether it can be done but whether it should be done. Its survival into the lips is far from guaranteed and that is the main risk that you take in having this method of lip augmentation. Costs would be in the the range of $1500. If you have never had synthetic filler lip augmentation, that would be a good place to start. If you have and are now seeking an effort at something that has a chance to be more permanent, then you may be a good candidate for fat injections.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/lip.html

Fat injections to lips

+1

Fat injections to the lips can be performed, although this area is one of the toughest for fat to take well.  Usually filler injections although not permanent give more predictable results.

Fat injections in the lips does work but is not used that much anymore.

+1

Fat injections are very unpredictable and can last anywhere from 3-12 months but has the disadvantage of being lumpy or irregular once it settles down and often needs to be redone in 3-6 months at a cost of roughly $1500-2500 per session. Some turn out nice and natural looking though.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon