Fat Injections Instead of Fillers to Improve Nose Shape?

I had 2 Rhinoplasty surgeries. In revision, I used rib cartilage for nose tip. Those surgeries left some irregularities on my skin, on the side of the nose. I'm also interested in increasing the tip of my nose to make it bigger and softer. Is it possible to inject fat instead of Radiesse or Restylane to improve my nose shape? Could it survive on the nose tip?

Rhinoplasy, revision rhinoplasty, fillers for nose shaping

+2

Dear Illaria

Thank you for your question. Nose shaping can be difficult, particularly after previous surgeries. the scar tissue may be very stiff and difficult to inject or shape with fillers or fat. It may be best to start with Restylane or Restylane Fine Lines to shape the nose. You can have color changes with an injection- blue color ( from the HA/Restylane) or a red color due to the compression of the superficial vessels - or telangiectasia.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Fat to the nose

+1

It can be done but the risks are very high. You had extensive surgery on the nose with rib cartilage graft and another surgery, so there is a lot of scarring and that is not a good bed for the fat graft.

You will run the risks of lumpiness and partial take of the graft.

Fat injections for the nose

+1

Yes this is possible but it is extremely difficult to be precise with fat when correction very small volume deficits. Generally fat injection requires over-correction due to an inherent loss of viablity which can range. Therefore achieving an accurate fill is complicated. Use of injectable fillers are more precise for small corrections such as the nose whereas fat is more useful for larger corrections.