Fat Injections for Fibrocystic Breast Disease?

A 25 y/o who has fibrocystic breast disease. I had a surgery last yr to remove several cysts (from 3-5cm) & at the same time had sub-muscle breast augmentation with 280cc. My surgeon was initially suppose to use dermal fat grafts to replace the divets from the cysts however this wasn't done and the divets became noticeable during healing. 9 months later and I have had a rev surgery, replaced implant with 350cc and had fat injections taken from my stomach. What is the chance of the fat surviving?

Fat transfer to breast

+2

Fat transfer is injector dependant and technique dependant.

You should expect a fat survival of 60%- 80%

Fat Transfer

+1

With a fat transfer, pressure from the implant may compromise a certain percentage of the fat viability.  Thus, avoid excessive pressure on the chest. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon