Can I Get Fat Injections in my Breasts if I am Thin?

I am 5'7. 125 pounds. I'm in my twenties. I have hardly any fat other places on my body and the place that I do have it (my butt) is a place that I want to keep my fat. Is it possible to take fat from others? I'm nervous about implants because I'm afraid it won't feel or look natural, so this method appealed to me. When I learned the fat had to come from me, however, I got nervous. What would you suggest?

Fat for Breast Augmentation in a Thin Patient

+3

Breast augmentation using your own fat can produce very natural appearing results. Women who have very small breasts can get appreciable augmentation, although the degree is limited by the ability of the breast recipient site to support the grafted fat tissue.

Women who have had previous pregnancies have more pliability of the breast tissue because of its pre-expansion. If pliability is lacking, tissue expansion of the breasts can be achieved using the Brava system, an external suction cup-like device. We use a modified Brava system to increase the vacuum level above that of the typical system; patients wear the device for a few hours a day in the weeks preceding their fat augmentation procedure.

In very thin patients, it can be a challenge to obtain enough fat to use for augmentation. Multiple donor sites may be needed. The efficiency of the fat harvesting process is increased through the use of special collection devices during liposuction; we use the Body-Jet Lipo-Collector for this purpose.

In most patients, an increased breast volume of one cup size is typical. To achieve this, 200-300 cc of collected fat must be grafted to each breast. Even in thin patients, this amount of fat is frequently obtainable from donor areas such as the inner and outer thighs and the lateral flanks. In thin patients it is essential that tiny micro-cannulas be used so that liposuction can be done with precision.

Guilford Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat transfer to Breast

+1

Fat transfer to breast is usually not a good option.  Breast Implants are by far the best option.  Breast implants are perfectly safe and give excellent results.  Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) regarding this procedure.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Fat grafting to breast on thin people

+1

It is true you have to have enough fat on you to donate to your breasts.  Most people do have enough fat, even thin people, however if you are very lean, you may not.  Also if you want more than one cup size increase than you may also not be a great candidate.  A compromise that I have found for thin people who want natural looking breasts and a larger than one cup increase in size is a small implant and fat grafting at the same time.  Implant ensures more size and fat grafting helps the breasts look more natural.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

You can't make enough breast tisssue without enough fat

+1

while fat injection to the breast and especially stem cell enriched  fat Grafting hold great promises in  breast restoration,it is still controversial for a first time breast augmentation !

After more than  a year in stem cell enriched fat grafting experience ,the basic assumption remains true :

if  you don't have enough fat to give ,you cant  create enough breast tissue to make a real difference.

a moderate C cup breast augmentation would require extracting close to 2 pints of of fat to give the equivalent of a pair of 300cc implants and at a substantial cost!

which might not seems possible in your case since you are so thin.

for natural results with great cleavage  look at our innerbra procedure or subfascial breast augmentation which might be a  good solution if you are very muscular.

Christian G. Drehsen, MD

Breast Augmentation Options in Thin Women who do not want Implants

+1

Regarding: "Can I Get Fat Injections in my Breasts if I am Thin?
I am 5'7. 125 pounds. I'm in my twenties. I have hardly any fat other places on my body and the place that I do have it (my butt) is a place that I want to keep my fat. Is it possible to take fat from others? I'm nervous about implants because I'm afraid it won't feel or look natural, so this method appealed to me. When I learned the fat had to come from me, however, I got nervous. What would you suggest?"

As you know for fat to survive, the fat must come from you and the location it is placed in must have a good blood supply. If you have NO fat you can spare the fat transfer operation cannot be done in you. Similarly, if you do not want to have breast implants, there is no point of discussing them either.

The ONLY other option is a long use of the nonsurgical, suction BRAVA system which will result in an increase of 1 cup size, You may want to look it up.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Fat injections

+1
Fat injectioins in breasts, although being done more commonly are still controversial. See aboard-certified plastic surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Breast augmentation with fat in a thin person

+1

IT does not sound as if you are a suitable candidate for either. You could consider a consultation with Dr. Daniel Del Vecchio is Boston.