My Feet Hurt on the Bottom. Will Injecting Fat To the Bottom Of My Feet Help This Problem?

My feet hurt on the bottoms, I get up either in the night or in the morning and I stagger till Im used to being on my feet, my feet hurt most during that time, and then if Im paying attention to them during the day as well. Can I get fat injections on the bottom of my feet to take away the pain?

Fat transfer to help foot pain...

Pain in the feet is a common problem. It has many causes. Pain in the morning is usually due to muscle spasm and would resolve after a few moments of walking around and stretching them out. Other patients can have pain due to the loss of padding because of age.  Anyone considering a surgical procedure to correct the problem should make sure they have an accurate diagnosis to correct the problem. A consultation with your family doctor, an orthopedic or food specialist would be wise to ensure you know exactly what the problem is.

Foot pain

You might just well have plantar fasciitis - which responds well to stretching, shoe inserts, and perhaps a steroid injection.  Better go check with a podiatrist first.

Fat injection for padding

If your podiatrist determines that lack of padding is the cause of the pain then fat injections may help.  A trial of a short-acting filler such as Juvederm or Restylane may help in figuring out whether fat injections may help

Sam Naficy, MD

Fat Grafts for Foot Pain

Before considering any treatment, you need a diagnosis for the pain. For example, plantar fasciitis is a common cause of heel pain & burning. You should see your primary care doctor or a foot specialist to be evaluated. Fat injections are unlikely to help.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS