Can I Get Fat Injections if I Already Have Aquamid in my Face?

I have severe atrophy of fat in my face due to exercise and having consumed phentermine for weight loss. There is no visible fat in my face and I look extremely gaunt and "flat" with very deep nasolabial folds like a fifty year old though I'm only in my 20s. I already have 2ml of aquamid in my face. Will injecting Sculptra or fat transfer cause any complications/granulomas to the existing Aquamid? Thanks in advance

Fat injections in area of previous Aquamid

+3

There is a minor concern with secondarily infecting or colonizing the aquamid. Inmy opinion, I would advise the use of antibiotics prior and subsequent to any fat injections.

Fat injection to the face

+1

Fat injection to the face is superior to any other permanent and semipermanent filler.

From your description of the face you need to consult a Plastic Surgeon to make sure you are not suffering from Hemi-Facial atrophy.

Then you can proceed with fat injectionwhen the fat loss is stable.

Fat Grafting is a Good Solution

+1

Fat grafting is a much better solution than Aquamid. secondary considerations of infection notwithstanding, fat grafting is the only long lasting reasonable options and you should seriously consider it.

Mixing Aquamid and Sculptra

+1

There is a chance that either product can result in a lump or bump. If this were to happen, you wouldn't know which product would be the cause. Latent infections related to biofilms could be activated by an injeciton of a new product. Long term fillers might have a greater chance of this happening although this is not proven.

Fat Injections

+1

Sure, fat injections are a great addition to fillers. The fat cells are your own body and incorporate well into your tissues. Good luck with your procedure.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.