I Had Fat Injection to my Face 7 Weeks Ago, I was Overfilled Under my Eyes, What Should I do?

I had fat injection to my face 7 weeks ago. My face is round and fat and I look older. I hate how I look. Will my face go down more or I need to have this procedure reversed he told me to wait until 3 months however my face is so fat it's really bothering me. What should I do? Should I go to another surgeon? since the one that did the procedure don't understand this wasn't the look I wanted big fat cheeks. So much fat under my eyes my eyes are not opening up all the way. Please give feedback?

I feel his advice is sound Wait the three months

+1

Wait the three months . Fat is still easily extractable at that time and most of the swelling will be down. Heart to heart with your surgeon. He wants to please you

Overfilled fat grafts under eyes

+1

I would expect there to be swelling under your eyes only 7 weeks after surgery, though it sounds like your swelling is quite significant. It's hard to say more without seeing your face. You could certainly consider getting a second opinion from another surgeon to find out what your options are.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Facial Fat Grafting

+1

It sounds as if you have really been overfilled.  No doubt, some of the swelling will continue to come down.  However, if your eyes are still so swollen at 7 weeks that your eyes won't open up all the way, I doubt it will come down enough to the point where you will be happy.   I would seek a second opinion now, although even the new physician will likely want to continue waiting before doing anything.

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Graft

+1

A second opinion is not a bad idea.

However there may be stil some swelling, and healing going on right now, and you need to wait for about 3 months before considering doing anything