How to Remove Lumps After Cheek Fat Injections?

What is recommended for people with lumpiness in the cheeks after fat injections? Is there a tool that can be used to help massage the fat until it's smoothen out?

Cheek Lumps After Fat Injection

+2

I would agree with Dr. Placik. The timing of the lumps is key to determining the appropriate treatment. If your lumpiness has occurred a long time after your initial injection, steroid injections, micro-liposuction, or direct surgical excision may be necessary to remove the lumps. In some cases, additional filler helps to smooth things out.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treating lumpiness after fat transfer to cheeks.

+2

Timing is very important in this regard.

If the lumpiness is in the first few weeks, that is to be expected and may be improved with time (3-4 months) and massage.

IF the lumpiness is present long term, it may be related to fat necrosis, cyst formation, and fibrosis (scarring). This may be a little more difficult to manage. Initially courses of steroid injections performed with low doses over multiple sessions may be useful. If unsuccessful, aspiration or excision may even be required.

Occasionally, ( I have observed this in one of my patients) pregnancy resulted in prominent growth of the transferred fat which markedly improved after subsequent weight loss.