What is Average Cost of Fat Injection to Upper Eyelids?

Hello , i had upper blepharlasty and brow lift 18 months ago! now my eyes are extremely sunken!! what is the average cos of fat grafting to upper eyelids in case i do not qualify for restylane in the lower eye area Regards Brian Jones

Consultation with Oculoplastics Surgeon

Although general plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons have experience in eye plastic surgery, Oculoplastic surgeons dedicate the bulk of their practice to this type of surgery. I would recommend ALSO getting a second opinion with an Oculoplastic [Eye Plastic] surgeon.

Fat grafting and filler injections may be options that are appropriate for you, and make sure you ask your surgeon [whether Oculoplastic, facial plastic, or general plastic] what their experience level is with both techniques.

There is often more than one way to achieve a desired outcome and surgeon experience and comfort may be the deciding factor in the decision making process.

Good luck.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat Injections to the Upper Eyelid

Fat injections to the uper eyelid cost $2,000 - $2,500. Make sure that your physician has experience with injections to the eyelids because  results vary depending on the small quantity injected and the level of placement.

Fat transfer to upper lid hollow.

Having done blepharoplasty for 35 years and seeing so many patients who were told they just need a little fat placed and then end up with a "sausage" of fat and scar I tell you DON'T do fat. Better to use Juvederm which is reversible and can slowly bring out the hollow. This is cheap and forgiving!

Fat transfer

Fat transfer to the upper and lower lid is common procedure, done under local anesthesia or sedation, your choice.

Your case is different you had upper lud blepheroplasty, need to know what exactly was taken. SKIN?, MUSCLE?. and FAT/>

If muscle strip was taken then there is a scar, and may need acctual fat graft, by opening the incision and put a strip of fat . Because injecting fat like in fat transfer into a scar can be very difficult an not accurate.

Cost of fat transfer

The cost in our office for a Fat transfer procedure is about 2700$. It take 1 to 1.5 hrs to perform under local anesthetic.  I would be very careful about having fat injected into the upper eyelid. Risks of injury to the ocular globe, blindness from a fat embolic event and visual distortions are higher than injections in other areas. I am a big advocate of fat injection to the cheek and tear trough region, lips, smile lines and glabella lines.  Make sure you go to a Certified Plastic Surgeon with fat transfer experience of course.