What Is The Cause Of Fat Injection Discoloration 2 Months Post-Op?

I had a small amount of fat injected into my marionette lines 8 weeks ago it is lumpy upon animation and seems to have migrated up, there is a grayish discoloration in pictures. Is the fat dying? I would like it to reabsorb as I am not satisfied with the result. Is there a way to treat it if it is dead fat?

Gray discoloration, lumpiness in the marionette lines 8 weeks ago

+1

At 8 weeks, the fat will still go down and you may get less lumpiness. The lumpiness will improve for another 4 months and can continue for up to a year. The gray discoloration could be residual lead deposits from the bruising. I would have to take a look at pictures to see what you are talking about. When fat dies there is usually no volume left but sometimes scars can replace the fat that has died.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer discoloration and lumpiness.

+1

Fat transfer discoloration and lumpiness is not uncommon. When fat is put in marionette lines it is difficult to inject in this area since there is little fat space, unlike the nasolabial creases. Nothing other than time to let the excess absorb and the color to return. Do nothing for 6 months from the time of injection.