Fat Injected to Butt and is too Large. Can I Reduce it Somehow?

I had a lipo done and some I the fat was injected in my butt, I am 5" feet tall and I feel like my butt looks to big for my body type and my hight . Can the butt e reduced with anything ?

+1
   Liposuction may be reasonable after all of the swelling and fat resorption has occurred.

Buttock reduction

+1

This depends on how long it has been since your surgery.  Sometimes the swelling takes quite a while.  Be patient and wait at least 6 months.  Surgical reduction of injected fat is quite difficult because most of the fat is in the muscle.  Your best treatment would be weight loss. 

Dennis Dass, MD

Buttock too large following fat injections

+1

Dear Parc,  if it has been less than 6 months since your buttock augmentation surgery, I would suggest you wait before considering any surgical revision.  It can take six months for all post operative swelling to subside.  If at that point you still fell your buttock is larger than you would like, liposuction would be an option to reducing the size.  Since buttock fat can be dense, especially after having fat injections, you may want to consider an ultrasound assisted or VASER liposuction.  The ultrasound machine will be better able to break down scar and dense fatty tissues.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer results too large

+1

Dear Parc, after having fat grafting into the buttocks your body will present swelling, that swelling normally goes down in around 3 to 6 months. If by then you still think your buttocks is to large you could contact your plastic surgeon, in our office we manage liposuction into the buttocks to reduce and reshape to a smaller however size.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Buttocks Too Big After A BBL

+1

Dear Parc,

It is not uncommon for patients in the first few months after a BBL to be concerned that their buttocks are too big and too full.  There are a number of reasons for these concerns including the normal swelling that occurs after a BBL and also the time needed to adjust to your new body image.  This is why plastic surgeon's suggest not making any significant changes until a minimum of 6 months after surgery.  If at that time you are still concerned that your buttocks are too full, then this can be addressed with liposuction to sculpt and shape the rear.  

Discuss this with your plastic surgeon who can best advise you on the timing for making any adjustments to your shape.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

My buttocks are too large after the BBL. Can they be reduced?

+1

It is very rare for people to complain about their buttocks being too large following the BBL. If you recently had your buttocks enlarged I would suggest that you wait 3-6 months for the swelling to come down and for you to adjust to your new buttocks. If after that time you still feel that the buttocks are too large then you can have liposuction which will reduce the buttock size. Good luck!.

George Lefkovits, MD

Too large after BBL

+1

I would advise you to be patient. You should wait at least 6-9 months before making a final decision. The buttocks can be reduced with liposuction.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

If you feel the Buttocks are too large after Brazilian Butt lift, and you are atleast 6 months to a year after the BBL, then you can have the butt reduced by liposuction in the right areas to keep the shape and appropriate projection and prevent sagging.