Fat Injected into the Muscles Between and Above the Eye Brows - is That Permanent?

Hello Mr/Mrs Doctor. March 2011 my doc injected fat several places in my face (which mostly has dissappeared again which I am pleased about) Now whats left is horrible with the bumps and lumps located between and above the eyebrows. My doc has injected fat into the muscles in that area, is that permanent? And if permanent - will some though dissappear with a weight-loss? Thanks so much for your reply.

Fat injection -- Permanent?

+1

I actually disagree with the other doctor who responded.  Fat injections are not permanent.  It has not been terribly long since you had the procedure done.  There are several things which can be done to relieve the lumps and bumps that you are experiencing, including ultrasound, needling, injections, massage and excision.  Don’t despair!  But you need to either approach the original doctor, or find someone in your community, who is compassionate and willing to assist you and treat you during the time it will take for the lumps to resolve.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer survival

+1

During fat transfer, owns body's fat cells are transferred from one place to another.  Not all the transferred fat survives, but what does survive, will be permanent.  Usually, any fat cells surviving 3 months after transfer will be permanent.  They may get somewhat smaller with weight loss but won't go away.  There are nonsurgical (injections) and surgical treatment options to improve unwanted fatty bumps/lumps.  You should consult your surgeon first.

Dr Taban

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon