Can Fat Be Injected into Brow Lines?

I do not like the look (and length of time that it lasts) of botox. I want to get rid of my forehead lines. Can fat be placed along these horizontal stripes and still give me a natural look?

Fat Transfer

+1

I would prefer Botox first, and then evaluate the lines. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Dysport are the best choices for treatment of forehead wrinkles - and not fat

+1

Fat is a poor choice for treatment of the forehead lines for many reasons. The wrinkles are a result of muscle contraction which is directly addressed by such neuromodulators as Botox and Dysport. They act to temporarily paralyze the forehead muscle (Frontalis muscle) resulting in a smooth(er) forehead. Fat and to a slightly lesser extent other soft tissue fillers, can't provide this accurate and precise correction/ablation of these lines. Furthermore, fat can have untoward effects on forehead contours which you may not be very happy about.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Horizantal forhead lines

+1

Horizantal forehead lines will soften with botox, but your brow may drop down unless other areas are treated.

Fat and fillers do not look very natural in that area.

In white skin consider botox and LASER RESURFACING

Fat Injections for Brow Lines

+1

Today, we have many choices for facial fillers. Injected fillers can be used to improve the appearance of the skin's texture and contour. Typically made from hyaluronic acid or fat, injectable fillers can help fill out deep facial wrinkles, creases, and furrows, providing a smoother, more youthful-looking appearance.
Fat transfers can soften the lines using your own fat from a different area of your body (typically your hips, buttocks, or abdomen). It can be used to plump lips, fill in cheeks and improve facial contours. Since it is your own fat you can't be allergic to it and last longer than other fillers- about 50% of the fat stays permanently where it was injected

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Fat transfer for forehead lines is not a good option

+1

The horizontal lines in the forehead are within the dermis layer of the skin, while fat transfers work better for volume enhancement at a deeper level. The lines form because the muscle that raises the eyebrows (frontalis) is hyperactive, which is why Botox and Dysport work well. The trade-off is that they only last a few months, and can cause the brow to drop. For a truly long lasting result a surgical browlift is the way to go, because then the muscles that cause the wrinkles can relax.

Richard Baxter, MD

Botox or Dysport Are Preferrable to Fat in the Brow

+1

The primary reason for vertical and horizontal lines on the forehead is muscle activity.  Minimization of this activity via Botox or Dysport is by far the preferable method of addressing hyperdynamic lines.  At times, fillers are appropriate in these areas if the previously listed treatments are insufficient.  However, these are only used in conjunction with Botox or Dysport.  Although I am not a big fan of fat transfer, I think many would list it as a distant alternative for this region.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon