Fat in Private Area Would Prevent Reaching Orgasm?

I was shocked to hear that from my plastic surgeon , i looked it up cant find anyhing ... How true is that , is it risky to do lipo in my private area , i did lipo for my waist before and kept feeling numb for long period of time up to 2 years , will i lose sensation in my private area ? I was very shy to ask my dr about this and shocked that he told me this , still very thankful that he expected that complication before i might reach it in my future marriage...

Suprapubic Mound Liposuction Does Not Affect Sexual Function

+2

Reduction of the suprapubic mound can be done very successfully by liposuction. There are no known adverse effects from this procedure as it relates to sexual function. The skin over the pubic mound will be numb for a period of time after surgery but normal feeling will eventually return.

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the mons will result in some temporary numbness, but it should resolve. There should be no effect on sexual function.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the mons

+1

Liposuction of the mons pubis area is quite safe to do.  Other than some temporary numbness in the skin of that area, and some temporary swelling, it would be extremely unlikely to cause any sexual side effects, as far as I know.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Mons Liposuction

+1

If you are referring to liposuction of the mons, this does not involve contact with the clitoris or the vagina.  There should be no problems with sexual function after liposuction of the mons.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Sexual function after liposuction

+1

Reduction of fat in the mons area can be associated with swelling and numbness in that area above the vaginal region, and occasionally some transient swelling of the labia.  Long term there should not be any effect on sexual function if liposuction is done properly.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction in private area

+1

Am I correct that by your private area your doctor means the 'mons pubis', the hair bearing area that continues to the genital folds?

• If so ​liposuction can be done in the mons pubis,,
  • fat is removed from the mons with liposuction. It should not affect the clitoris or other orgasm-related organs,
  • the mons may be numb for a long time from swelling.
  • Rarely orgasm is based on mons stimulation - if this is true for you, it is wise to not liposuction the area. Best wishes!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction of the Mons has no effect on the ability to achieve orgasm.

+1

From time to time patients complain about too much volume in the Mons region. This is easily treated with liposuction and has no functional consequences.