Fat Grafting to Fill in Hollows in Mid-Face. Is This My best Option? (photo)

I'm not sure how, but after an face proceedure a few years ago I lost a lot of fat in my cheeks and they became very hollow in the submalar area. I'm going to get fat grafting to try and repair the damage. What will happen to the grafts years down the line? Will they migrate to my lower cheeks and cause my face to become even more bottom heavy. You can see from my pic, it's the mid-face that's lost all the volume. Do you think Fat grafting is my best option?

Midface hollows

+1

You are a great candidate for fat grafting. Youth is pudge and you need a little pudge in the areas you mentioned. Fat grafts by an expert dont move.

Fat transfer to treat submalar fat loss

+1

Fat transfer is a great treatment option for improving mid-face hollows. I wouldn't expect the fat grafts to migrate with time. It's hard to say if fat grafting is the "best" option for you without a consultation and examination. Soft tissue filler injection is another option, but wouldn't be as durable a result.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Fat grafting a good option

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for fat grafting, but an in person examination would be essential

Sam Naficy, MD