I Have Had Fat Grafts to My Cheeks 5 Months Ago. I'm Overstuffed and Uneven. What Can I Do?

Will microliposuction remove part of graft or is the grafted fat too fibrous to do liposuction evenly and not damage and intrude on rest of my face?. what about lipo dissolve? . My surgeon has suggested I choose between these 2 options. I am over 50 and my skin elasticity is very bad . I am worried that more swelling repeatedly will stretch skin and i will end up worse than before all this . my surgeon does not want to use steroid injections which is what i would like to try.

Fat Necrosis after Fat Grafting

+2

Dear Annishka from Indonesia
I reviewed your post fat transfer photo. If this is how it looks 5 months after fat grafting, you may have fibrotic tissue as result of fat necrosis. I do not recommend micro-liposuction or lipo-dissolve. You may seek second opinion. External ultrasonic treatment may be a good option for you.

Fat transfer

+2

Fat transfer is deposited in small amounts in different plane. Only your doctor would know where he/she put the fat.

I would do microliposuction first. If not successfull then a face lift may be the best answer to see the fat and remove it. Then achieve symmetry with the face lift.

Fat Graft, Stem Cell transfer

+1

Very difficult to tell from the photo you submitted. What would be necessary to evaluate this is your pre-op photos, photos of you when you were in your mid-20's (because that is the look we are aiming for with fat grafting, and full face post-op photos. Only then can anyone with experience in fat grafting give you an honest assessment of what would be necessary.

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Overstuffed face

+1

It might be difficult to extract fat with microliposuction as the fat injections are delivered in small amounts in different planes. It is not the same as doing liposuction in a depot of excessive fat. There certainly may be fibrous adhesions and there may be considerable bruising after the procedure for a couple of weeks. There can not be a guarantee there wouldn't be nerve damage from the attempt at extraction.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Excessive fat grafts to face

+1

Your surgeon should be able to assess if this is fibrous or not. It it is not fibrous, I would recommend first trying micro-cannula liposuction. I would not advise lipodissolve, in my experience as this could cause other problems.