Can You Get Fat Grafting Done on Your Face After You Have Have Fillers Placed? Can I Get a BBL at the Same Time?

i am a small framed caucasian/asian 40 year old. Can I have fat grafting done on my face if I have had a filler Six months ago (hylaronia, I think that is how to spell it) but it has clearly worn off. I really want to have a Brazilian butt lift and have my crows feet and forehead worked on as well. I have been working on increasing my body fat % which is now 19%. I am wondering if I am a candidate for a BBL with no implants and if I would be able to address my face issues at the same time.

Fat Grafting to Face 6 Months after Fillers

+1

You should  have no problems with the fat contouring and grafting 6 months after facial fillers. The other procedures you describe, including the Brazilian butt lift, can be done at the same time.

Fat transfer to multiple areas

+1

As already posted, it's safe to fat graft multiple different areas at the same time. Your filler shouldn't be an issue at 6 months as most of the volume is probably decreasing by now anyhow. For the BBL make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss if you have enough fat available for harvest to get the results you want at your petite size. Best of luck, Dr Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Breast lift and fat injecting

+1

A breast lift can certainly be performed at the same time as fat grafting to your face. You should discuss this with your surgeon.

Brazilian Butt Lift can be combined with Fat Grafting to the Face

+1

Hi there-

Provided you are a good candidate for your desired improvements, there should be no reason that they cannot be performed as you describe.

If fat is grafted into your face in the same area you previously had filler, and if some of the filler result persists at the time of fat grafting, it is possible that as the remaining filler material goes away your overall outcome is diminished, making it necessary to supplement it (either with more filler or more fat). In this regard it may behoove you to wait until you are confident the filler is gone.

Otherwise there should be no problem.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Fat grafting to the face and buttocks (Brazilain butt lift) with facial resurfacing in one procedure for beautiful results and m

+1

The simply answer is yes you can have fat grafting after fillers, and yes BBL can be performed at the same time.  I commonly performs laser and BBL treatments in conjunction with fat grafting and fillers.  Depending on the depth and severity of your crows feet you may benefit more from a focal Erbium resurfacing or possibly infrared heating with Skintyte II.  The best modality depends on your physical findings.  It is important to see a plastic surgeon who can evaluate and select the intervention to give you the best results and discuss all surgical and nonsurgical options with you.  Facial fat grafting in conjunction with gluteal fat grafting ( Brazilian butt lift) is a good idea but the surgeon must be well versed in both.  Harvesting technique should be different for each grafting site.  A thin slurry of fat harvested carefully with a very small canula yields the best results in the face while thick fat harvested through larger canulas usually result in the best gains in the gluteal region.  I prefer to use a waterjet fat graft harvesting system ( bodyjet by humanmed).  This allows minimal to no bruising improved comfort and high quality fat harvest.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Fat Transfer to the Face CAN be done at the same time as Fat Transfer to The Buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift)

+1

To obtain living fat to transfer to other locations in the body the suction force of ordinary liposuction must be lowered significantly. The fat needs to be separated from blood and damaged fat cells so the only volume transferred is presumably living fat cells.

The fat volumes required for a thorough facial rejuvenation are significantly lower than those required to augment breasts or buttocks.

Depending on the amount of available fat and the amount of desired buttock correction, it is quite reasonable to perform facial fat transfer before turning you over to complete the back and hip liposuction and transfer all the remaining fat into the buttocks.

Memphis, TN