Is Fat Grafting the Best Option for a Hematoma on my Buttock?

I fell in 2010 and was left with a contusion on my left buttock. Should I remove the hematoma then inject the fat or just inject fat around? The lump is the hematoma

Buttock hematoma?

+2

This may have started out as a hematoma, but 3 years later, the hematoma should be gone. The hard lump may be scar tissue that developed from the chronic inflammation ro maybe a chronic seroma cavity.  You should see a plastic surgeon. The first step may be to remove the lump and then see what kind of defect is left. Placing fat may be an option, but may not be necessary. You will need a in-person consultation.

+1

Fat grafting can be used very effectively to treat contour abnormalities, but an exam will be necessary to determine the appropriateness of that intervention.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat grafting to treat "hematoma"

+1

A hematoma should definitely be resolved by 3 years after surgery.  I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon specialist in buttock implants and fat grafting to first determine the exact nature of the lump (likely scar tissue at this point).  Then s/he can recommend the best plan of action to remove the lump and reconstruct the resultant defect, if any.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD