Fat Grafting Procedure for Butt

Will the fat have a better success rate of living if it is applied under the buttock muscles?

Butt Fat Grafting (Brazilian Butt Lift)

+2

There is no doubt that the fat placed in heavily vascularized (blood vessel rich) areas such as muscle, have a greater rate of survival and take. However, the gluteus maximus muscles takes up only a small portion of the convexity of the buttock dome and the rest is fat. To obtain an attractive hemi-spherical round look fat need to be placed everywhere and cannot be limited only to the muscle only.

To read everything you need to know about BUTT AUGMENTATION AND SHAPING, follow the informative link below -

Dr. P. Aldea

Fat Transfer and muscle

+1

For fat to survive you need several conditions;

1- Live tissue to be injected - avoid macjine liposuction material, avoid ultrasonic fat for injection. Use Viafill system for harvest and injection.

2-Small pearls of fat get better blood supply when injected. Viafill again!

3- Great blood supply in the tissues. Muscle is best, thus injecting into the muscle should also do great.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Muscle placement of fat

+1

Fat graft into the muscle as best one can is advantageous.  The muscle is has great blood supply that can help the transferred fat survive. All the fat can not be placed in the muscle some of it must be placed above the muscle to produce the desired shape.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Fat injections into the Buttocks Muscle

+1

There are many factors that can affect the survival of the fat. From the different liposuction machines that are used, to the different techniques of fat preparation that varies from surgeon to surgeon, where the fat is injected, how much fat is injected, as well as what You, as the patient, do afterwards. I believe it is pretty unanimous that fat grafted into the muscle will likely have a higher survival rate than that which is injected into the fat. But there is a very limited amount that can be injected there.

This procedure is gaining popularity rapidly. I have performed this procedure since 1998 and have watched as the results have gotten better and better. I think the quality of the result you receive is a combination of all of the above factors.

Choose your surgeon according to whom you are most comfortable with and who you feel can give you the best results. I would suggest being sure you look at various surgeons before and after pictures of Brazilian Butt Lift patients. Be sure that you see a significant change/improvement of the buttocks size and shape, not just a slimmer waistline.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilain butt enhancement

+1

Fat graft success is dependant on the preparation of fat and the experience of the surgeon.

Fat is injected in layers starting in the muscle and going up into subdermal area for a good result. Fat grafting to the buttocks is an art and a science.

Dispersing fat in Brazilian butt lift

+1

It is best to place the fat within an area that has high  blood supply and circulation.  But also, it is important to place the fat as droplets (micrografts) within the buttock tissue.  I persoanlly like to add as much fat to the buttock as possible.  This is diffusely grafted within all the different layers.  That means both the muscle and the buttock fat.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift: Fat injected into muscle

+1

SEE VIDEO BELOW: According to the vast majority of practitioners, the fat has a higher chance of taking when it is placed into a vascular recipient site. For the most part, placing into the muscle (not above and not below) is the best location to optimize survival of the transplanted fat.