Can I Get Fat Grafting Into Butt to Make More Even? (photo)

I seriously want to fix the dent in my butt from a steroid injection when I was younger. It looks so uneven. Also there is a scar where the injection site is and darker pigmentation

Fat grafting for buttock assymetry

+1

From your photos, I believe you woud be a good candidate for buttock fat grafting.  I have had several patients who have had similar situations and fat grafting improved the problem of assymetry.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to repair dent after steroid injection or trauma

+1

Hi there-

Fat grafting (provided it is performed by an experienced surgeon using good technique) should be very successful at improving your problem.

Do your homework and make smart decisions.

Armando Soto, MD

Fat injections can address the contour deformity of your buttock

+1

Fat injections can be successful in the treatment of your deformity. Realize that you may require more than one session. The dark pigmentation will not disappear with this type of treatment though there may be some other options to consider such as topical agents (though they have been associated with limited success much of the time).

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Fat grafting to buttock

+1

Thank you for the photographs.  I think that you would be a good candidate for fat grafting to try to improve the contour of your buttock.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafts to the Butt

+1

Thank you for your question.  In short, it appears from the photos that you would be a candidate for fat grafting to the area you are concerned.

Techniques in fat grafting have improved over the last several years with successful fat transfer percentages from 50-80%. It has a good chance of improving the depression in that area but does have limitations.

1. It will likely not change the darker pigmentation

2. Sometimes it takes more than one session.

3.It will not take the scar away and you will have some access scars for the fat grafing.

4. It will never be perfect.

I recommend you schedule a consultation with a board-certifed plastic surgeon in your area and have all of your questions answered.  Best of luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS