Fat Grafting to Jawline After Chin Lipo? Facelift? Necklift? (photo)

I've always had a soft face; wanting to keep the softness but get rid of a double chin from my profile, I was not advised a necklift, only SmartLipo. As he applied markings to the area, I asked if he was going to suction the areas he had dotted, around and above my jawline, and he said it was only where he was putting the numbing solution. It appears he took off facial and jawline fat. What would you suggest to fix this? Can it be fixed, or am I stuck with a new jawline and face shape for good?

Keep it simple to start with

+2

While fat injections may be the final answer, I would start with a resorbable filler (e.g. Juvederm or Restylane) to the previously suctioned areas to determine if placing material in the areas of concern will provide the desired effect.  If this works, then you could go on to some thing more permanent (fat, implants, etc.); if not, then you know that the material will go away on its own.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Volume be added back to the face with fat graft after laser liposuction

+2

If you feel like volume was lost during your procedure it can be added back with fat grafting.  This should be done in very small amount.  Fat graft injected in the face has great ability to take and can be overcorrected very easily.

Fat removal and fat grafting to face

+2

Hi!  It is really hard to assess much from the photos you have supplied.  (Sorry) Photo sets need to be as clear and as crisp as possible, otherwise they are unfortunately not of much value.   Anyway, I suggest you obtain your pre and postoperative photos and seek your surgeon's explanation of your concerns as well as possible, if any, solutions.   Then seek at least 2 second opinions from surgeons that are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who are Fellows of the American  College of Surgeons.   Never have surgery by a doctor that does not have both of these credentials.   I am not a fan of Smart Lipo and feel it has little if anything to contribute in liposuction.   A neck liposuction can be done very well with simple small cannula liposuction.   It does not hurt to add Smart Liposuction to the procedure but it certainly has no particular benefit.   Good luck in solving your concerns.  My Best,  Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to face after facial liposuction

+2

If you feel as though you have a hollowing or loss of volume about your lower face, facial fat grafting for augmentation makes very good sense.

Fat transfer face

+2

Dear bad results,

• To get back the contour you lost, yes, fat transfer works very well
  • It is tough to advise you completely without a physical exam
  • We can re-sculpt the jawline and chin with fat to create a nice look for you

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

The Problem With Smartlipo

+2

It appears from your photos that your surgeon ventured slightly above the jawline onto the lower cheek leaving a visable depression. The main problem with Smartlipo is that it can be very difficult to determine how much fat is being removed because the laser makes it difficult to accurately contour areas like the face. Your problem is a fat contour problem easily repaired with fat grafting. All surgeons doing Smartlipo should be abe to graft fat as this is the treatment for most Smartlipo misadventures.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting To Correct Liposuction Defects

+1

It is very difficult to assess any irregularities from the photos.  If you feel that excess volume has been removed, facial fat grafting is an excellent means to restore your facial volume.  I suggest you follow up with a surgeon who performs a large number of these procedures annually, as experience is the key for attaining successful results.  Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.dranthonycorrado.com/procedures/fat-grafting/facial-fat-grafting.html

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.