Ask a doctor

Fat Grafting to Forehead or Other Options?

My forehead looks somewhat similar to the forehead of this celebrity, except that there is more of a bulge where my eyebrows are, especially on the outer corners of the orbital rims. Also, in flash photos I appear have a slight bulge above my brows, almost like a man's brow ridge. I realize it's not the end of the world but would fat grafting be a good option? I really dislike my forehead! It looks thick, awkward and androgynous. Thank you for your time.

Doctor Answers (4)

Fat Transfer


There are many options, and you need to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and determine what options you have.  There is Botox, Fillers, and surgical options.

Danville Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Androgynous Brows and Forehead


In general, if you already have a thick or full forehead I do not think adding more fat would make sense.  Bone contouring/shaving procedures can be performed, but the results can sometimes be quite disfiguring if things go badly, with indentations and irregularities.  I think you would benefit from a face to face consultation.  Even sending a photo with your question would be helpful.

Yoash R. Enzer, MD

Web reference:

Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Fat Grafting for Forehead


Yes, fat grafting is an option in this case, especially if you have signs of volume loss under the skin.

Web reference:

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

Forehead bossing


Bossing of the brow ridge is best treated with shaving the bone some. Sometimes adding a piece of alloderm above the bossing will soften and feminize the forehead.

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.

You might also like...